Friday 3 May 2013

Demi Lovato Admits Rehab Was 'A Wake Up Call'



The X Factor, USA, judge Demi Lovato has admitted that going into rehab gave her a 'Wake Up Call' to who she considered a friend, after only four people had texted her when she left the treatment facility in 2011.
After opening up about her time after leaving rehab, the star who will be seen returning to the X Factor USA later this year, alongside Simon Cowell, Demi who has been open about her time in rehab told Company magazine:
"A couple of months before I went to rehab, I had a birthday party and there were a couple of hundred people there. It was full of people who I considered my closest friends.
“When I turned my phone on after being in rehab for three months, I expected lots of text messages and phone calls." However, in reality that didn't happen as Demi went on to add:
”I had four texts. That was a wake up call.”
Despite appealing to lose so many friends, Demi doesn't appear to care after saying:
"I used to, but then I realised, do any of them actually care? Now I have people who, if I break my leg in the middle of the night, they’ll come to the hospital with me.
“Or they’ll answer the phone at 4 a.m. if I need them.”



Demi On The X Factor:
"I don’t think I was ready when I started on The X Factor [in autumn 2012]." Believing that a year after leaving rehab would have been a good time for her to take on the role, Demi added:
"In an ideal situation I would have maybe waited a year or more [after coming out of treatment]."
Thankfully, Demi embraced her work and now feels better and happier for it. She continued: "I dived into work really quickly and maybe that wasn’t the best idea at the time, but the place I am in today is so much better than I could have ever imagined, so I’m really glad.”

No comments:

Post a Comment