Wednesday 18 July 2012

Demi Lovato: ‘Selena Gomez and I aren’t as close as we used to be




Demi Lovato credits her friends with helping her stay on the right track. The 19-year-old, who is open about her personal struggles, told Self Magazine she has surrounded herself with people who have a positive influence on her.
“I surround myself with people who make positive decisions and who have more interests than wanting to go to clubs and get wasted,” she said in Self Magazine. “My friends and I look out for each other, and I love just inviting everyone over to watch TV.”
But Demi reveals that she has grown apart from some of her friends including her best friend since childhood, Selena Gomez. The “Give Your Heart a Break” singer admits she’s not as close with Selena but she’ll always love her.
“Selena and I aren’t as close as we used to be,” she said of Gomez. “But she’ll always have a place in my heart.”
Selena Gomez was one friend who helped Demi get through her tough time. She even wrote a letter expressing just how proud she was that Lovato got through it.
"Thank you for trusting me and wanting me there during that hard time," Gomez wrote in a letter this year. "I hope you know how much I love you and how proud I am of the role model that you have become."
Although they aren’t “close,” Demi had previously said that Selena was one person she hoped would never “leave my life no matter what happens” because they had been through a lot together.

No comments:

Post a Comment