Thursday 12 September 2013

'You Ripped My Heart Out': Demi Lovato Reduced To Tears As The X Factor USA Returns



Demi Lovato is excited about the talent on this third season of "X Factor."
On audition in particular moved Demi to tears during the September 11, 2013 season premiere. Lillie McCloud, a 54-year-old grandmother, performed a soulful rendition of CeCe Winans' "Alabaster Box" that earned a standing ovation from the judges.
Kelly Rowland, who had also been wiping away tears during the performance, commented, "the fact that you sang to people a song they didn't know, and y'all could feel that. Every single part of this room, you touched with your voice."
Simon Cowell remarked, "you absolutely nailed it. It really was that good."
Demi remarked, "oh my God. Ripped my heart out of my chest. And I feel like I'm listening to Whitney [Houston]. And I feel like maybe your time wasn't supposed to happen until now."
Paulina Rubo asked the judges to vote, but felt that it wasn't necessary since it was quite obvious that Lillie had nailed her audition.
All four judges voted Lillie through to the next round.
After the show, Demi tweeted, "Yayyy Lillie McCloud!!!!!!"
Part 2 of the "X Factor" season premiere airs Thursday September 12 at 8/7c on FOX.


No comments:

Post a Comment